20 August 2010

New food of the week? Ethiopian!



Wednesday afternoon, I finally got my lazy butt up and out and visited my friend. We were both very hungry, and decided on Pad Thai! I loveeee Pad Thai! It was literally the best I've ever had and she says it is some of the best in Bangkok and I wouldn't argue with that. It was at a little restaurant near Ari and it was only 30 baht! (that's about 1 USD!) It was quite amazing and I had a very happy stomach afterward.

That evening it was time for another new food. Ethiopian. I had no idea what Ethiopian food even consisted of so it was pretty interesting to try it! They bring out a huge flat bread and cover it with a variety of dipping sauces. I tried so many different things and wasn't sure what most of them were. I tried raw beef which was a blue color (they assured me it wouldn't make me sick so why not?), chickpeas (my personal favorite), some peppers, some spicy stuff, some other spicy stuff...it was great! Like I said, I couldn't tell you what half of it was but that was ok with me. I really enjoyed it!

There are so many new things to try here in Bangkok. My rule is I'll try ANYTHING! If I don't like it, I won't eat it again.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! They made Ethiopian food on Top Chef not too long ago, and apparently there are tons of Ethiopian places in D.C. I usually have seen the stuff on the plate, and the bread/pita on the side for dipping/scooping the food up. Very cool. Keep trying new things and sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete