18 August 2010

Mai Pen Rai




Monday morning I woke up a little upset that I'd lost my camera but ready to start my day. I decided to go to Bangkok Tattoo Studio and get the tattoo that I wanted. I did a lot of research on various tattoo shops and this one was very clean and professional plus the tattoo artist I got was a woman, which was very cool. It's not very big, although the pictures I took makes it look huge, but it's so beautiful. She did a great job. I got mai pen rai in thai writing which translates into "don't worry about it" which is basically the Thai motto. I highly recommend this shop to anyone looking to get a tattoo in Bangkok. They use individual needles for each person and sterilize everything just like they do in America. She kept asking me how I was doing and was very attentive. I love it and am sooo glad I did it. It was very painful though, I think this has to be the most painful spot to get a tattoo - no matter what anyone says. My foot and my neck don't compare to this one.

When I walked out of the tattoo shop toward Siam, I came across a beautiful temple on the side of the road. I'd tried to photograph it before but the pictures didn't turn out so well so I took some more.

I love being able to walk around and see all these beautiful places everywhere.

One problem I'm having is getting accustomed to Thai food. It is so spicy! Some of it is amazing and some of it I really just don't like. I've had my first Japanese restaurant here in Bangkok, Fuji. It was amazing!!! They are everywhere and if you just look at it you'd think it was so expensive but my meal was $5.50! We ordered gyozas as an appetizer (although of course they don't come out as an appetizer) and I ordered the chicken teriyaki set which came with miso soup, tofu, sticky rice, and cabbage. It was all amazing! I wasn't crazy about the cabbage but everything else was great. It was strange though because the miso soup didn't come with a spoon. You literally sip it out of the bowl. It was odd to get used to but I enjoyed it.



I could eat Fuji every day of my life just about! Tonight I'm having Thai food with a friend so that should be interesting. I will write and let you know how it is and what I liked or didn't, along with pictures! Hopefully I find something yummy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment