20 August 2010

Bon Marche: "Good Market" in Bangkok

Yesterday, I had the privilege of touring a traditional Thai bilingual school. I really loved it! I would love to work there if they end up having an opening. The staff was all very friendly and, of course, the children were just adorable. I learned that the students take their shoes off before entering the classroom as well as the library. The teacher doesn't have to in the classroom but the students do. It was really enjoyable and good for me to see what they're like. It also made me feel like I really want to teach children instead of adults. I love kids and feel like I'm meant to be a kindergarten teacher!

After that we went to Bon Marche in Bangkok, literally translated into Good Market, and I loved it there. We stopped at a little sandwich shop for lunch and I had a ham & cheese sandwich - the cheese did taste a little funny. The view was great and it was really cheap! We got to overlook some water as we ate on these big, black, plush couches.


We then walked around the shops in the Bangkok market and saw the cheap bags and shoes as well as the neat Thai handicrafts. The shops there are really spectacular, some more expensive than others. We stopped for yogurt too which was really delicious. They serve you plain yogurt with fresh fruits. None of it has sugar so it's actually really good for you. Different than American yogurt but I could tell it was decently healthy and I loved the fruit with it. I had cranberry, strawberry, and banana on mine. YUM!


We then walked through the actual market area which had all kinds of fresh food! There were fresh chickens, rice, sauces, fruits, and veggies. Bangkok is known for having food in the markets that was just alive yesterday. Sort of a depressing thought for an animal lover like myself but at least you know it's healthy and hasn't been stuck in a freezer for several months like America! Nothing like McDonald's or horrid American fast food.






Needless to say if you live in Bangkok or plan on visiting Bangkok and want a neat market to walk around and have some good food, Bon Marche is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment