30 August 2010

Fish Massages!



I've been doing far less lately, focusing on schoolwork to be able to finish a week early and finding it difficult to get out sometimes. When I'm not doing schoolwork, it's hard to find someone to actually get out with since I only know three people here in Bangkok. I am thankful for them though, and when I do get out it never ceases to be a good time. Last week, my Chattanooga friend and I went to dinner at 8 (my second time there) and I opted to not get the octopus balls this time but instead to eat the dumplings (basically pork gyoza). I made a meal out of them ordering 12 and a delicious Coca-Cola. Then we were on the hunt for a place to grab a quick beer or just generally something to do. Well, what do we find but a fish massage stall! She had never had a fish massage before...I was lucky enough to have had one on my visit last November. It was amazing. No pedicure can ever compare. The guys working went to a nearby store and got us each a Singha and we jumped right in.

She made the most hilarious faces as she tried it for the first time! It's quite the experience. I'm very ticklish so for the first several minutes I giggle. She was more brave than I. I got in the same tank with her but all of the fish preferred her so I got in the other (very large!) tank. ALONE! This meant that thousands of little fish were attacking me and only me during this fish massage. Some of the fish were pretty huge, about the size of my hand, and when the bit - it was obvious! There were many times when I would let out a little yelp and jump in the tank because quite honestly, it stung a little bit. We payed 150 baht for 15 minutes and once we got out my feet were definitely soft. Not as soft as the last one since that time was unlimited but I am certainly going to return for another fish massage here in Bangkok, very soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment