23 August 2010

How to beat the rainy season in Bangkok?


I've been here in Bangkok almost two weeks and, of course, I arrived during rainy season's peak. It rains pretty much every day. Some days it pours and pours and pours, which causes the roads to flood (Those days I stay indoors). Other days it just sprinkles for hours at a time. Sunday was a combination of the two. I was meeting a fellow Tennessean at JJ (Chatuchak market) for some shopping followed by dinner when it started to pour. Luckily, I had my pink Gap umbrella that I love. Take that Bangkok rainy season! She, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky. 45 minutes of rain passed and we finally were able to meet each other! Trying to find someone in JJ is absolutely ridiculous and nearly impossible. We decided to take cover under some awnings. We sat down and realized the DJ for this little bar was right behind us. He played some hilarious American music - including "Sexual Healing" (while the French guys behind us danced with their Thai girlfriends, very funny). So how do we beat the rainy season here in Bangkok while attempting to shop at JJ? SINGHA of course! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment