22 August 2010

Chicken & Rice. Chicken? & Rice.

Food courts in Bangkok are so bizarre. Unlike in America where you would pick the food you want, stand in line, get your food, and pay - all at that one stall - here in Bangkok you go to a kiosk, pay them, get a card with money on it, pick out your food, get your food, have them swipe your food, eat your food, and get the remaining money back at that same kiosk. It's something I'm having to get used to. The food is really cheap though, which is always a bonus (especially when you're unemployed). At the first mall I went to in one day, I ordered chicken yakitori and rice. It was quite good and simple. Some days I crave Western food so bad that I have to have something plain and simple like this.

(note the yummy authentic iced Thai coffee to drink. It was delicious!)

The next mall I went to that day I pointed to something on a picture that looked like chicken and rice but the texture did not seem like chicken when I got it. It also came with soup that they call water soup. Let's just say, it definitely tasted like soup water. It was not good and realllly plain. At least I tried it though!

(in the picture it looks like roast beef, maybe that's what it was?)

Every meal is an adventure to say the least. I branch out during certain meals and go for something simple when Western food seems like the only thing that will suffice. I'm hoping to get more accustomed to the food soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment