07 July 2010

5 weeks!!!!!

Today marks exactly 5 weeks until I move to Bangkok!

I'm still trying to figure out last minor details. This includes a bank! I need a bank here in town that I can deposit money in and use in Bangkok until I get my work permit in Bangkok. Anyone have suggestions? I went to First Bank last Friday which is a small little bank branch here. When asked about fees internationally, no one had answers for me! You think this is something they'd need to know if they work there. I also saw that there is a Bank of America in Bangkok but I don't know if I'll be able to use it there without a work permit. This is all very confusing.

Luggage is also a problem considering I have none. I'm bringing three bags with me (can anyone else picture me in the crowded Bangkok airport at midnight trying to carry these bags alone? It's going to be comical for sure). I have one that I'm bringing strictly for shoes and the others will mainly be clothes, accessories, and makeup. I'm also going to have my purse and a carry on with my computer and any info I need for my hotel and such. It's going to be heavy and difficult but once I get in the cab in Bangkok, I will finally be able to breathe I think!

We went and got my Visa picture taken today and I'm applying for my visa next week. I also have been looking at apartments online and have found some neat ones, and some not so neat ones. My main requirements are a swimming pool and a Western bathroom. I don't care about a kitchen at all, but a nice comfy bed would be nice! A high rise would be pretty amazing since I'm moving to a big city, I think that will give me more of a big city feel.

Just typing all this makes me VERY excited! :) I'm also getting sad realizing I won't see my family but maybe once (I won't see my dog at all. This makes me want to cry.) & I won't see my friends for a YEAR!!! I've let everyone know they are welcome to visit and hope some take me up on the offer.

Only 5 short weeks left to soak up Nashville life and these beautiful people I have in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment