22 July 2010

20 days...

I can't believe that it's less than 3 weeks until I leave. My to-do list is still insanely long but I'm getting more and more things crossed off every day. Today, I found the Lonely Planet Thai Phrasebook at Barnes & Noble (didn't think anywhere had one - had already checked Books A Million and Hastings). I'm going to be attempting to speak Thai for the next 20 days whenever I can. I'm sure I sound ridiculous. Also, found my skin care at Ulta for the next 60 days. I'll have to find some Thai face wash once I get to Bangkok. I hope I can easily find something.

I also got an amazing email yesterday. A friend of mine that lives in Louisiana helped me connect with a friend of his who has been in Bangkok for two years now! She even went to Text and Talk, the school I'll be going to. She's gone out of her way to be helpful and I'm so grateful. It's great to have a connection who is a female, my age, similar interests, and has gone through exactly what I'm going through now. It's gotten me even more excited! Bangkok here I come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment