18 October 2010

change is inevitable.

I have survived one full week of my job! I love it! It was so much fun! I shadowed the other Kindergarten teacher all week and then she was out on Friday so I had both of our classes combined. It was about 16 students total and I was so incredibly nervous but it ended up being so much fun!!!! How could anyone not want to teach those sweet little things? (Ok so maybe I got spit on but still..) It's a blast sitting in a circle with them and have their undivided attention because they actually WANT to learn. It's a great feeling. This week is a break so I have my own classroom of 8 students starting a week from today. I plan on getting a lot of decorations done this week (I'm making a lot of them) and working on my first 3 days of getting to know you activities with them.

For an actual vacation I'm getting on a train tomorrow at 8 am and heading to Lopburi (monkey town!) and then going on to Chiang Mai for a night. I'm so excited. I don't have much money so I'm being frugal and only going for one night but I still think it will be fun - especially since we arrive at 5 am! :) This will be my first overnight train ride. I will be sure to post lots of pictures of all of the insanity, especially with the monkeys!

I also just moved yesterday. I'm on the complete opposite side of Bangkok and it's awesome. The apartment feels like an actual home since it isn't one giant room like I had before. It's great! Still unpacking and getting things done today! It's starting to feel like home though :) !

Also, be sure to check out my new videos on my YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment