29 May 2010

All Systems Go!

Things are really looking up in Bangkok! The civilians are coming out to clean up the streets! This is such a promising site to me and makes me feel so much better about going. My excitement is, once again, rising!

I do fear that because these issues were only pushed aside for the time being that they will emerge again. I fear that while I am there another state of emergency will be declared. I fear the protests that become deadly. I fear gunshots and fires.

But more importantly, I fear living in fear. I do not want to let something that could or could not happen stand in the way of my life forever changing with this opportunity. The Red Shirts aren't targeting tourists, but at times they are also not thinking clearly (like when they set fire to Central World!). which is a bit scary.

But hey, like my dad says, at least I will be there to document history!

Thailand is a GO!

3 comments:

  1. Your dad is a smart man. Go!! I have never been to Thailand, but I'm completely jealous already. The adventure alone will be totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I love you. This post is awesome and well-written I couldn't agree more. (I know I know, 3 months later, haha)

    ReplyDelete