28 April 2010

Turmoil in Bangkok Worsens

I have, until now, been looking at the turmoil in Bangkok as something that I could have easily avoided. That was until I got the news of 5 bombs in the area. That article changed everything. The bombs, luckily, only took the life of one person (although they injured many more) but they have also been the reason behind Bangkok's main form of transportation, the MRT, to shut down or avoid stops. This is a major concern for me. The MRT would more than likely be the way I got to and from work on a daily basis. With it not running I could see myself having to leave hours before work just to hail a taxi, motorcycle taxi, or even a tuk tuk (which would leave me reeking of gasoline and fumes before school). Living there without an important form of transportation could be, put bluntly, miserable.

This had caused me to begin looking at other countries to possibly do the same thing in. At first, I looked at numerous places: Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Philippines, Brazil, Argentina, Shanghai, etc. I slowly started narrowing these choices down and have now decided that not only does Taiwan look amazing, but Vietnam also seems fascinating. I have looked at a school I could attend in Taiwan (for FREE!) that would train me as well as help me find employment.

Will I move to Taiwan? Will I be able to move to my favorite city on Earth, Bangkok, or will the Red Shirt protests worsen and keep me away from there? Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment